Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bird's Themed Baby Shower


I recently blogged about the gender-neutral baby shower I was in the midst of planning for my best friend Alex. She’s expecting her first baby this October and her mom asked me to handle all the design and décor. I focused the design around a tree wall decal she bought for the nursery.
 
 
Well, the shower was two weekends ago and went very well, despite the crazy wind and rain storm. Here are photos from Alex’s baby shower and some of my DIY projects. You don’t have to run to Michael’s or Jo-Ann’s to buy a lot of the stuff you see in the photos.  I created most of it right at home. For example the white tree branches are from my yard and I spray painted them white. I bought wrapping tissue paper from CVS and made all the paper pom-poms hanging from the branches. I used a friend’s Bingo card design and modified it in photoshop to create Alex’s Baby shower bingo cards. You could do this with Microsoft Word or Powerpoint if you don’t know Adobe Photoshop. The framed tree graphic resting on the table is based on the children's book "When I was Born." Everyone wrote a wish for the baby that I will type out and add to the leaves of the tree for the baby's nursery. The nests were ordered from an online craft website and I bought the Jordan almonds from Oriental Trading online. The super cute white easel frames I borrowed from my girlfriend Keri. She used these for her wedding 5 years ago and has used them a ton of times since for her sons’ birthday parties, and also lets people borrow them all the time. They were originally from IKEA and she painted them white for her wedding. The table numbers I created on photoshop using the graphic from Alex’s baby shower invitation. The table runners I sewed using fabric I ordered from www.Fabric.com but you can easily do the same thing using iron-on hem tape if you don’t want to sew. Alex's mom provided the fall centerpieces from Michael's and the super cute wooden owls. The cupcake stand is mine, and I picked up the toasted coconut bird's nest cupcakes from A Little Something Bakery in West Hartford. They did an amazing job!
 








 
 
Overall it was a great afternoon and I’m so thrilled for Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment