Monday, September 17, 2012

My Trip to New Orleans!

Hey Y'all! I just love saying that! Last night I got back from a four-day trip to NOLA with a group of co-workers. One of the architect's I work with went to architecture school at Tulane and organized a fun trip for 10 of us. What a blast! I had been there before, but didn't have the chance to see a lot of what I saw on this trip. We stayed at the Marriott on Canal Street which had recently been remodeled. Going on a trip like this with a group of designers and architects is so much fun because everyone wants to take pictures of what they see. Usually I’m the only one that wants to photograph a light fixture, ha!
Then we walked over to Port of Call for a delicious cheeseburger and overstuffed baked potato that they’re known for.



 

After freshening up at the hotel we headed on a two-hour historical pub crawl through the French Quarter. We had the best tour guide from Gray Line Tours and he was even from Connecticut so we all hit it off with him. What a fun time!




We explored Bourbon Street later on that night before heading back and crashing. The next few days were filled up with a historical tour of St. Louis Cemetery, a walking tour of the French Market where we found the best gifts to bring home. I walked away with soy candles that smell like coffee and beignets.



We also walked Uptown and the Garden District where we admired house after house in this gorgeous neighborhood. Even took a photo of Sandra Bullock’s amazing house.




Sandra Bullock's home

Our nights were filled with dancing and drinks on Bourbon street before retiring to our rooms.


Now many of you know my husband and I went to Paris in March and I had some of the best meals of my life there. Well, it happened again in New Orleans. We had an amazing dinner at Emeril’s NOLA in the French Quarter. “Amazing” doesn’t begin to describe how good our meals were. Just before heading home yesterday we enjoyed the best brunch at Revolution restaurant part of the Royal Sonesta Hotel in the French Quarter. I highly recommend it. They sat us in our own private dining room which looked into their impressive wine room. We felt like royalty!


Overall it was a great trip and I’d go back soon. The spirit of New Orleans is alive and well, that’s for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment