Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Guest Room Concept Board

With the kitchen project coming to end in few weeks, of course I need another project to keep me busy. I'd like to do our guest room over, nothing crazy, just something more fun and bold. This will be on a small budget, very small. I'm keeping it around $350 for everything. I'm painting the walls the same color as our living room, Behr Studio Taupe, love this color. I still have a half gallon left, so I'm using that. The paint and primer in one by Behr is pretty fantastic. Goes on with one coat! I'm doing an accent wall with a bold vinyl wallcovering (MDC Wallcovering - Essex, pattern: Flamboyant, color: Dashing http://www.mdcwall.com/ . I'm using turquoise in small amounts for a little punch of color. I have a table lamp that I'm going to paint turquoise, and the desk shown I already have. I'm also going to attempt to make a queen-size upholstered headboard (fabric, TBD) The charcoal and white geometric pattern is a Waverly fabric http://www.fabric.com/ that I'm going to use for drapery or for some accent pillows to dress an all white duvet set. I'm thinking of moving my new ghost chair into this new guest room. It's going to be my new office/guest room.  Let me know your thoughts.









12 comments:

  1. Can't wait to stay in the revamped Savannah Room :)

    ReplyDelete