Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Private Client Master Bedroom Design - Concept Board

Definitely looking forward to the 4th of July holiday weekend. Mike, baby, me and the dogs are headed to see Mike's family in Maine and the weather forecast looks great. It's going to be nice to put my feet up for a few days and just relax before our baby arrives next month.

In the meantime, as all of you get ready for this holiday weekend, I thought I'd share a recent interior design concept board I put together for a friend and colleague of mine. He approached me a month ago and said that he would like to surprise his wife with an interior design plan for their master bedroom as an anniversary gift. What a great gift, right? They had discussed some initial ideas and also purchased two bedside tables from Ethan Allen that they wanted to work into the design, the rest could change. I was really excited about this project because it gave me a little break from commercial design and their design aesthetic from what he described was very similar to what Mike and I have done with our master bedroom. Modern, yet classic and sophisticated. Here's what I came up with which they really liked and have already started to implement. Looking forward to seeing their "after" photos.

 
Resources:
Lighting - www.overstock.com
Upholstered Bed - www.amazon.com
Accent Chairs - www.homedecorators.com
Side drum table & X-base benches - www.ethanallen.com
General paint - Benjamin Moore, Soft chamois 969
Accent paint (flat with semi gloss for stencil tone on tone effect): Benjamin Moore, Little Falls 1621
 


No comments:

Post a Comment