Thursday, July 11, 2013

DIY crib skirt and blanket

This week I finally got around to sewing a custom crib skirt and blanket for our baby's nursery. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted online or in a catalog, and when I tried to customize the bedding online it cost a small fortune. 

I don't have a step-by-step tutorial for these since I was just winging it. Also, being 8 months pregnant it just seemed like a bridge too far to document each step. There are a ton of tutorials online to make your own and many don't require a sewing machine. I chose to sew mine that way I could wash everything when I need to versus using only the no sew tape which could unravel in the wash. Here are a few photos. This weekend I'm planning on decorating the walls with some custom artwork I created in photoshop. 




Resources:
Chevron fabric - www.fabric.com
Breathable bumper - www.babiesrus.com
Fitted yellow and white chevron sheet - www.target.com
White fleece for custom blanket - used blanket from IKEA
Crib - www.target.com



No comments:

Post a Comment