Thursday, March 7, 2013

Our Baby's Nursery Concept Board

Hope everyone is having a good week. As I look out my window it's starting to snow again! Hopefully this is our last winter storm. I'm so ready for spring! Well, things are going well here. Baby is doing well and I'm almost 16 weeks already. Gosh, this pregnancy is flying by. People told me it would, but now I really believe them.

So this weekend, Mike and I are planning to clean out one of our three bedrooms to make room for baby. I figured now is a great time to share with you my concept board for the room. We're not going to find out the sex of the baby, so I wanted to come up with a fun, stylish room that reflected Mike and I in some way. We decided on going with a travel/map theme based around the Dr. Seuss book (Dr. Seuss is from Springfield, MA, just like Mike) "Oh, the places you'll go". Mike and I have traveled all over since we first met back in 2001 and we've moved around a lot thanks to the army. I want to make sure Baby ends up traveling the world like we have and enjoys it as much as we do. We're already talking about all the places we want to bring the little guy or girl. Since most of our home is fairly neutral, I wanted to keep the walls neutral, but add bold pops of colors. The three accent colors are: navy blue, coral and light lime green/chartruese.

Here's what I've come up with...

We bought a campaign dresser for $40 a few months back that I need to refinish and paint. We're also going to be adding custom crown molding and wainscotting. I"m hoping to revamp some standard IKEA Expedit shelving and create vertical bookshelves and a bench with storage underneath. I initially wanted to wallpaper above the wainscotting, but what I fell in love with was too expensive. I have some leftover Revere Pewter paint that I'm thinking we'll use above the wainscotting, maybe in a horizontal stripe pattern. I've also found all this found custom artwork & graphics online that I'm going to recreate for the baby's room. Here's my first one. (an homage to Mike's time in combat when he was constantly on the radio with his soldiers).
 
 
When we traveled to Paris last March, I snagged two really fun, vibrant posters of Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower that have a kid's feel to them. Both are in bright primary colors and depict every day Parisians walking around with their little dogs, kids with balloons in the background, etc. I had them framed at Michael's a few months back and they came out amazing. I can't wait to hang those up as well.  I'm so excited! Stay tuned for more Baby nursery updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment