Thursday, April 4, 2013

Nursery Design Update

I spend Monday through Friday designing for commercial spaces, But there's something about designing a space for my house where I get all flustered and can't make up my mind. I ran into this problem with our kitchen remodel design. I spent months trying to figure out what I wanted to do. I'm thrilled with the end result but it took forever to get there. Now, I'm running into the same problem with our baby's nursery design. In my last blog post, I shared the nursery design, but something just wasn't right. My mom helped me figure out that I really wanted softer colors. The travel-inspired theme is still great, I just tweaked the color palette a little bit. So here's the latest design board and some custom artwork I came up with. The fabrics shown are just ideas. I ordered a bunch of swatches from www.fabric.com that should be coming in this week.

Here are my initial thoughts: (I'm sure this will change 10 more times!)
  • Create a Chevron or Striped accent wall, probably using the light blue and white paint.
  • Paint other three walls solid color - Ben Moore "Crystal blue"
  • Sew DIY roman shades with a blackout liner using a fun yellow patterned fabric (Great tutorial: http://goodlifeblog.org/diy-roman-shades/ )
  • Paint the inside of the closet yellow
  • Paint all trim and doors in Martha Stewart "Popcorn"
  • Refinish my $40 campaign dresser in Ben Moore "Santa Monica blue" - replace brass hardware
  • Frame custom artwork & travel keepsakes to create wall collage over dresser or crib
  • Create DIY mobile for over the crib. Something like this: http://www.whitetablestyle.com/2012/10/diy-mobile.html 



No comments:

Post a Comment