Happy New Year Everyone! Sorry I’ve been MIA. December was a crazy busy month, something I’ll have to get to at another time. All good stuff J So around the DIY blogosphere people have been posting their home project goals for 2013. So I figured I’d give it a whirl.
· Have our flat screen TV professionally wired and mounted over our fireplace
· Repaint the living room a light gray beige.
· Sell my two Danish wood arm chairs and replace them with some upholstered sofa chairs or loveseat. Our new living room arrangement has given us more floorspace to work with.
· Create my own 36” x 36” upholstered ottoman table for the living.
· Go to homegoods and find a new fun table lamp for the living room
· Clean out and scrub every single kitchen cabinet.
· Get rid of old spices and crap we don’t need in our cabinets
· Finish adding the soft closing latches to the cabinet doors so the doors stop slamming all the time.
· Add a custom DIY window treatment to the window above the kitchen sink.
· Add a door hook to our half bathroom next to the kitchen. (This would take literally 5 minutes, I just haven’t had the time or I forget to do it until I’m in the bathroom and I need to hang up my robe or something.)
· Paint the trim, wainscoting and built-in china cabinets a fresh coat of Martha Stewart’s Cotton Balls white paint.
· Have the area rug in the dining room professionally cleaned. (we bought a Groupon for this, we just have to make an appointment.)
· Buy fabric and make new drapes and reupholster the window seat
· Buy a 5’ x 8’ rug from RugsUSA.com
· This one is a biggie!....Paint the inside of our closets and add built-in closet organizers
Full Bathroom – 2nd floor
· Paint the bathroom Martha Stewart’s Bedford Gray, white trim, Cotton Balls
· Change out the shower curtain
· Add open shelving above the toilet for added storage
· Create a photo/art collage on the wall with nautical images (I’ve been saving images for this, just need to get the frames from IKEA)
· Repaint the walls a different gray and repaint the white trim
· Have wall-to-wall carpet professionally cleaned (again, we have a Groupon for this)
· Clean out bookshelves and back storage area and get rid of old furniture and crap we don’t need. Donate to Goodwill and have a Spring Cleaning Yard Sale
This is a very long list, but for some reason, I feel better now that I’ve created this list by room. I’m curious to see what my husband is going to think about all of this J