Monday, December 17, 2012

All Seems Like a Bad Dream

I still can't wrap my head around what happened just a short hour from where I live here in Connecticut. Emails started to fly around the office on Friday morning and it just got progressively worse. I don't understand how someone could do this to beautiful, innocent little children. It's crazy. I sat glued to my TV last night watching the interfaith service in Newtown and hanging on to the President's every word and his promise to do everything in his power to make a change so this doesn't happen again. This tragedy has definitely opened up dialogue and conversation about Americans across the countery regarding our current gun laws,  and mental health support in this country. It's sad to me that it takes something as horrific as the Newtown shooting to get people thinking about this, but at least we're all thinking about it and talking about it now.

I don't have children yet, but I do have two precious nephews, Jaxon and Wesley. Jaxon is 4 and Wesley is almost 9 months. On Friday night, after all of this happened, my husband and I visited them, my sister and brother-in-law and parents for pizza night. It was so great to be surrounded by family and these two very special little boys.

Life moves on, we go back to work, children head back to school today and we all get ready for this holiday season and New Years. Before we all get wrapped up in our hectic daily lives, let's not forget what happened in Newtown. I know I won't. My thoughts and prayers go to all of those families and friends of the victims and the community of Newtown, Connecticut.

No comments:

Post a Comment