Monday, October 29, 2012

Frankenstorm! Here are my Hurricane Essentials

With Hurricane Sandy bearing down on the northeast, we're bracing for the worst in Connecticut. It's not going to be pretty and after last Halloween's storm where we lost power for 10 days, I'm not a happy camper. On Saturday, our neighbor was testing out his generator and that sound just brought back the worst memories. So here are my hurricane essentials. I'm sure they are not on the state's emergency storm kit list, but I need them!!!

  • 2009 Bordeaux, a must!
  • People Magazine and House Beautiful
  • Homeland episodes
  • comfy throw
  • firewood, matches and a really yummy Yankee Candle flavor like "Spiced Pumpkin"
  • My two pooches, Damon and Casey to snuggle with
  • And of course, my hubby. He's well trained in survival tactics, so we'll keep him around, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment