Monday, June 11, 2012

Before & After: Wood Armchair Transformation

Remember this $17 wood armchair I purchased a few weekends ago?


Well, now it looks like this!!!


Here's what I did:
1. First, I unscrewed the seat from the chair and sanded it down.

2. Next, I used Rustoleum White Gloss Spray Paint. It goes on so well. I'm still trying to master the art of spray painting. I applied too much in some areas, but luckily you can't tell.

3. While the paint was drying, I reupholstered the seat in some left over gray and white fabric I had. All I needed was a staple gun and in a few minutes it was done.


4. After the paint is dry, I just used a flat-head screw driver to screw the seat back on and I was done! Pretty easy! I'm not thinking of finding 4 similar chairs for the dining room. The white finish really makes brightens up the space. They are wide chairs and they don't feel so big once inside the space.



(Instagram Photo)





 


No comments:

Post a Comment