Thursday, July 19, 2012

This Past Weekend: Jason Aldean Concert & Peaks Island

This past weekend Mike and I decided to take off Friday and Monday and made it a much deserved four-day weekend. We've had a lot going on so it was nice to feel like we could enjoy the summer even if it was for 96 hours (pathetic, I know). Anyway, we both ran errands and did our own thing on Friday which was good. I went and had a "mani and pedi" which I really needed before linking up with our two friends Alyssa and Frank for the Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean concert in Hartford. The concert was at an outdoor theatre that I used to frequent back in college for Dave Matthews concerts. It was always pretty crazy, and I don't know if it's because I'm older now or what, but this was insane. Over 30,000 people attended and you could tell. We live about 5 minutes from the venue, but it took us over an hour to get there because of traffic (for the record, CT has the worst traffic for such a small state!) But once we got there we had a great time tailgating and enjoying some amazing music. Both artists really put on a show!






The next morning we packed our Xterra, the dogs and all our stuff (we're notorious for overpacking, but who isn't?) and drove north to meet my family at Peaks Island, Maine. It's the cutest little island in Casco Bay, just off the coast of Portland. Mike's parents live there full time and were kind enough to offer their home to my parents, sister, brother-in-law and two nephews for the week. Mike spent every summer there growing up it's great that now my family can enjoy a place he loves so much.

We spent three days there kayaking, hanging out at the beach with my nephews, riding bikes and of course eating lobster! It was a lot of fun.








No comments:

Post a Comment