Monday, July 2, 2012

I Don't Want to Forget....

why the 4th of July is so important in our house. I came across this photo on my dad's phone yesterday and had no idea he's had it for the last 2 years. It brought back so many emotions of that cold day in November 2010 just before Thanksgiving when Mike got off the plane after a year deployment in Afghanistan. My parents, his parents and I waited outside and cheered as loud as we could as soon as we saw his plane land on the runway at Bradley International Airport. It was the best feeling in the world to have him home again. Enjoy the 4th of July this Wednesday with family and friends and try and remember why this day is so special.


(yes, that's the local Fox affiliate filming us for the nightly news, ha! All of CT got to catch our first kiss, kind of sweet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment