Wednesday, June 27, 2012

HGTV Design Star

In the fall I decided to muster up the courage to go to a casting call for HGTV Design Star. I found out that they were going to be in Boston, and we have family and friends there so I figured what the heck, we'll make a weekend of it. I put together my portfolio and filled out all the paperwork. It was an interesting experience and I'm glad I did it. Obviously I never heard back, but I was still curious to see who made it onto this year's cast and last night I finally got around to catching up on my DVR and watched episode 4. Like the judges, I was impressed with Stanley, Brittany, Hillary and Mikel's designs. The challenge was to transform a couples indoor space and adjacent outdoor space. This family really wanted a "sophisticated flea market feel". She also said she loved bold patterns like Chevron (who doesn't?). The team really delivered.










I also loved the tree stump and succelent tables that the other team created. Really clever.



No comments:

Post a Comment