Monday, May 28, 2012

My sister's 30th birthday picnic

My younger sister, Melissa means the world to me. I'd do anything for her so I volunteered to host and organize a birthday party to celebrate her turning 30. She mentioned that she'd wanted to be able to celebrate with her kids, close friends and family. A lot of her friends have young children too, so I figured an afternoon picnic would be great but I wanted to do something a little bit different than just grilling out. Food trucks are all the rage right now, so I Googled food trucks that cater in the Hartford area. It didn't take me long to find one that would be perfect for the party...Soup r' Samich, and boy did they deliver. I definitely recommend them for any large type of party, graduation party, summer block party, charity events, etc. The owner, Chris Carlson, requires a minimum of twenty adults. He offered a variety of delicious, fresh, made to order sandwiches plus sides for $10 per person which I thought was very reasonable. Everyone loved the idea of going up to the truck to place their order. It was a lot of fun. I would definitely do it again.

I also created my own decorations for the party from some dollar store purchases that really worked out well.

I created tissue paper Pom-poms and hung them from our porch ceiling fan along with pink and white streamers.

I also made a "happy birthday" banner out of twine I found in our garage and colorful construction paper from the dollar store.

Overall, it was a great afternoon and birthday celebration for my little 'sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment