Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Relaxing Memorial Day Weekend

Mike and I decided to stay local this Memorial Day weekend just to catch up with stuff around the house. There have been a few Memorial Day weekends in recent years where Mike was far from home; Bosnia, Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't blame him for wanting to just stay home. On Saturday we drove to Riverton, Connecticut. It's a quaint little Connecticut village on the Farmington River. It's also home to the famous Hitchcock chairs.



On Sunday, we rode our bikes around town. West Hartford Center is such a great little downtown area. Award-winning restaurants, great shopping, our gym, Whole Foods, is all located within walking distance. Our morning started at a local French bakery. Delicious! Then we rode to the bookstore and REI where I was treated to new running sneakers. Very excited! But my favorite part of the day was when we went to this local antiques shop, Three Ladies. The owner gets new items every week. I've been keeping my eye out for a piece that could work in my master bathroom to house my makeup and hair stuff. I came across this cute dresser that just needs a little TLC. I also found these candle holders that I plan on painting white for our bedroom as well. Stay tuned to see what I do with these new furniture pieces....



No comments:

Post a Comment