Monday, December 5, 2011

A Romantic Master Bedroom - Concept Board

My sister's good friend, Brenda, emailed me about helping her out with her master bedroom. She loves the Traditional aesthetic and she even has some antiques that she wanted to make sure were incorporated into the space (floor mirror, artwork and hanging sconces)

The room is currently painted in Tyler Taupe by Benjamin Moore which is nice warm, neutral tan color. I needed to work with her existing furniture which is an expresso finish. I realized right away that the room was missing a punchy accent color. I suggested a deep blue, a mix between teal and navy. This color could be incorporated through accent pillows and a throw, also window treatments. Also, the wall behind the bed is the perfect opportunity for an accent wall. A budget friendly idea that I put out there was a large-scale damask stencil as you'l see on the concept board board below. This is still a work in progress, but here's a look at my initial concept board, which Brenda really liked as a starting point, so I know I'm going in the right direction.

Linens & Round Side Table: www.potterybarn.com
Fabrics: www.fabric.com
Stencil: www.cuttingedgestencils.com
Draper: www.curtainworks.com
Area Rug: www.rugsusa.com
Artwork: www.art.com
Paint - Benjamin Moore: Tyler Taupe, Slate Teal, Seashell

1 comment:

  1. What the heck? Didn't know you were doing her bedroom...this looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete