Thursday, December 29, 2011

Concept Board: Baby Hanson's Nursery

I mentioned in an earlier post that my sister had asked me to come up with design for my new niece or nephew's nursery. (Melissa is due in April). They didn't want to find out the sex of the baby this time around so I had to come up with a neutral design concept. I came across this nursery on Decor Pad; gray and white horizontal stripes on the wall. I wasn't sure what my sister was going to think of it, but she loved it! (Thank God!)


Here are some shots of what the Baby's room looks like now. This room was their home office. She has Jaxon's baby furniture in there now and my childhood bookcase in the corner.



I'm planning on painting the two exterior walls with the warm gray and white stripes. The wall on the right will be all gray and the room's closet bumps out into the room, so I want that to be all yellow. "A yellow box"



The bedding is from Target and has these cute turtles and colorful circles that works well with the existing furniture because of the chocolate brown in the bedding. I want to paint the wooden bookcase the accent yellow to house the baby's toys and books. I also have a lamp at home that I'm not using and I think we could paint it white or turquoise and redo the lamp shade in a fun patterned fabric. The pillows are from Etsy, but I'm planning on making them, they're so easy. The white drapes and striped rug are from IKEA. My sister also has my grandfather's old chair and ottoman that we could put in this room and dress it up with some fun throw pillows.

Next step is to order the bedding so that we can match the paint colors exactly. Such a fun project, I can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment