Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Guest Room Revamp

The other day I found a gallon of Restoration Hardware paint in Silver Sage in our basement. Love this color! The previous owners left it for us..how nice of them :) Anyway, the gray Ben Moore color (Timberwolf) in the guest bedroom is too cool, not a warm enough gray to go with the upholstered headboard in there and it's really bothering me. So now I'm thinking I might repaint (yes, again) the guest bedroom in Silver Sage. It's a softer, calmer color for the bedroom. I was planning on making some accent pillows from the sample Kravet fabrics I received. I also found this amazing Chevron rug on www.rugsusa.com they have great sales. I might have to have a tag sale to make some money to justify buying a new rug for this room, but I'm going to keep it in my back pocket. I'd also like to repaint the existing white washed armoir in a dark charcoal grey, maybe even do a fun design with white on the doors. So here's the new concept board. Let me know what you think.



Chandelier: www.overstock.com
Chevron Rug: www.rugsusa.com
Throw pillow: Windsor Smith Pelagos pattern by Kravet
Ikat fabric: Bansuri pattern by Kravet
Greek Key fabric: by Waverly
Ghost Chair I already have in the room
Vases from Ikea
Table Lamp, I think I would spray paint the existing back lamp that I have in the room.
Window Treatment: I think I could recreate this using ribbon and a inexpensive, white, store-bought roman shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment