Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wingback Chairs for my dining room....should I get them?

So remember when I last blogged about my dining room, I had mentioned that I bought those $10 Walmart.com slipcovers as a temporary fix to the two end chairs. In a perfect world, I'd love to get my hands two wingback chairs that could be reupholstered in a plush fabric.

Well, over the weekend I visited Three Ladies Antiques & Used Furniture in West Hartford.  You never know what you'll find when you go there. I went there looking for an sofa table I could refinish and use as Media Table for our TV in our living room, but I couldn't find anything. Instead I came across these.....


Ah, hello, these are perfect, minus the crappy beige fabric!!! So the owner tells me he'll sell them both for $100. Pretty good deal, right? Of course, I had to think about it. Typical El, always overthinking everything. they need to be reupholstered or I need to figure out how to sew a slipcover for them. Both ideas scare me. So what do you think? Should I bite the bullet and get them?

Here are some inspirational photos I found on http://www.decorpad.com/ (Btw, great website)





If anyone wants to check out Three Ladies Antiques & Used Furniture, they are located at 328 Park Road in West Hartford.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful wing back chair. and I am very happy to read such a wonderful blog which gives the helpful information 

    ReplyDelete