Sunday, July 31, 2011

Guest Bedroom Facelift

I've been wanting to share the latest photos of our guest bedroom redo. When we first moved in, all our leftover random furniture ended up in this room with our old queen size bed.




Earlier this summer I decided it was time to do something with this room. I love the gray color of our kitchen countertops (Caesarstone in Raven), and that became the inspiration for this room color. I've really been drawn to gray and yellow lately. First I repainted the room one afternoon while my husband was studying for finals. It's a small room and didn't take longer than a Sunday afternoon. The color is Benjamin Moore "timberwolf." I built an upholstered headboard (see earlier posts for my "How to" on building a custom headboard) to dress up our bed. It's wall-mounted and can move to another room in the future. I bought some new bed linens from West Elm, Homegoods & overstock.com as well as made part of the room my home office. I recycled our living room window treatments and used them in this room. The night stand is the third table of the awesome Craigs List finds (see previous post) and the armoir is an old piece I whitewashed years ago and has been with me since my first apartment out of college. It serves as a linen closet for all our guest sheets and blankets. The paint color is Benjamin Moore "Timberwolf". Finally, the bolster pillow is my own creation. I spent all day yesterday sewing new pillows for my porch and bedroom using fabric I bought a few weeks ago on http://www.fabric.com/. The tack board is an old bulletin board that my dad and I covered with some tackable Zorel fabric I sourced from work, an old sample piece. We just stapled it to the backside of the bulletin board. Lighting is from homegoods and the desk and printer table is from Target.com. The black and white photos are of Savannah. One was given to us as a gift from our parents when they came to visit us on one of their first trips to Savannah. The second was as gift from our neighbors that they gave to us when we decided to move back to Connecticut. All of them signed the back of the frame which is really special and will always be with us.

So here's the new and improved "Savannah Room". Let me know what you think.








1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhh, that looks sooo good! You have such an eye! Can't wait to use your kick ass kitchen for my photoshoot. It will be Tuesday, the 9th.

    ReplyDelete