Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Our Kitchen Renovation - 6 days and counting!

As my husband's Christmas gift to me for holding up the fort this past year while he was serving in Afghanistan, is a new kitchen. Merry Christmas to me!!! Dec 27 is Demolition Day and we can't wait. I'll post some photos of our existing kitchen, which isn't pretty, but here's a look at my design board for the new kitchen.

My budget is $15,000 for everything! Cabinets, new quartz countertops, porcelain tile floors, new glass tile backsplash, new stainless steel appliances, paint, and we're even eliminating a door, adding french doors from our living room to the porch and building a closet around our washer and dryer which you can currently see from the kitchen. My husband and his military buddies are handling the demo (cost $300 for the dumpster) In addition to protecting our freedom, they are kind enough to demo my kitchen for a few beers. Don't you love it! We bought IKEA cabinets and saved 40% on our Caesarstone Quartz countertops from IKEA due to a recent sales promotion. Porcelain and glass tile I sourced through tile reps that I work with on commercial projects. We hired a local contractor for all the other construction work & cabinet installation. Our goal is to have the kitchen up and running by Super Bowl weekend (Go Pats!) I'm so excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment