I know it's been awhile. I didn't realize how hard it would be to find time to blog and do DIY projects with a baby. Harper is five months now and she is just amazing. Amazing enough to nap for me so that I can share my latest DIY project with you. With the help of my very good friend Kristen of the blog "Hit Refresh" she posted easy directions to follow. This is what you'll need:
- hot glue gun
- package of bamboo skewers
- 7" diameter mirror (found at michael's)
- 7" needlepoint circle (found at michael's)
- 7" plywood circle for the back (found at michael's in unfinished wood projects aisle)
- metallic spray paint
- Sharpie and ruler
- command strips to mount
1. Align bamboo skewers around the back of the mirror. Stagger them at different lengths if you want. I used a marker and ruler to try and locate the center.
2. Start to glue down skewers
3. Glue plywood circle to enclose the skewers and create the back of the mirror
5. Spray paint wooden needlepoint ring and dry.
6. Hot glue ring on top of mirror.
7. Mount with command strips