Monday, April 8, 2013

Making Progress on our Baby's Nursery

This past weekend we hammered out a lot of DIY stuff for the baby's nursery. We painted all the trim, Martha Stewart's "Popcorn", Mike painted the ceiling white and my parents and I painted all the walls Benjamin Moore's "Woodlawn Blue". I know these colors are different than what I had planned but late on Friday night after watching "House of Cards" (my new favorite show btw) I sat in the middle of the baby's room with dozens of paint colors around me until one spoke to me. I did the same thing early on Saturday morning when all this great sunlight was flooding the room and the Woodlawn Blue was the right choice. I also made a quick design board to have in the room for inspiration. I pulled some potential fabrics for my upcoming DIY roman shades and accent pillows, maybe even a crib dust ruffle if I'm feeling ambitious. I told you last Friday that I chose to go with a pale yellow, pale blue, navy blue and white scheme. Over the weekend I decided to add Coral back into the mix and I think it's going to work really well. Here's one custom print I created that shows the new palette. 
 
Nursery design board. The print of Notre Dame is on the left that we bought in Paris last March. I have another one of the Eiffel Tower. They are so much fun, a lot of primary colors, little dogs and kids with balloons. I had them matted and framed at Michael's during one of their crazy framing sales.
 
Here are some photos of the room all painted in Woodlawn Blue. I need paint the inside of the closet yellow, Martha Stewart's "Haystack" and we are going to add 12" high horizontal stripes to the north wall using the Popcorn white paint. These photos are from yesterday afternoon and are kind of dark, the color definitely has more green in it. It's a very soothing color. I love it!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment