Friday, September 28, 2012

Maine's Graphic Artist: Alan Claude


Last night I visited the Big E with friends in West Springfield, MA. It's a huge state fair that happens every September for 2 weeks where you get to sample the best of Massachusettes and the other New England states. It's so much fun. At the Big E they have a state house building for every New England state. The building is actually a replica of that state's actual state house but at a smaller scale. Inside each state's building they have different foods and drinks that state is known for as well as local artists' work. When I walked into the Maine building, I discovered these amazing graphic prints on display all over the main entrance and they made quite a statement. My husband spent every summer growing up on Peaks Island, just off the coast of Portland, ME and now my in-laws have retired there. There's definitely a Maine connection in our family, so you can understand how I couldn't get enough of this artwork. The artist is Alan Claude and he was there selling and signing his amazing work. I bought a few postcard size prints that I'm going to frame along with this 8" x 8" print of the Portland Head Light

Here are a few other prints that Alan has created and to view his full portfolio, visit www.alanclaude.com If you're looking for nautical themed artwork for a little boy's room or a beach-themed room in your home, these are perfect!







Graphic Artist - Alan Claude
 

No comments:

Post a Comment