Monday, August 20, 2012

Antique Shopping Find: Two Mid-Century Danish Arm Chairs

After working at my sister's new place on Saturday, I stopped by Three Ladies Antiques in West Hartford to see if they had anything good. Mike gave me a gift certificate for the store as an anniversary gift which was burning a whole in my pocket, ha!

I looked around and nothing really was catching my eye. Then I ventured into the damp, dreary 50%off basement space and found two mid-century Danish wood arm chairs. I had seen these two before during my last visit and I always had them in the back of my mind. I looked them over and realized all I have to do is clean up the frame and make four new cushions, two for each chair. The nasty off white plastic upholstery will definitely go. These are going to make such a great addition to our living room.


Here's my inspiration, a photo of similar chairs in House & Home, a Canadian Home Design Magazine.

here are some photos of similar chairs from www.decorpad.com




No comments:

Post a Comment