Monday, June 18, 2012

NYC Trip Recap

Back from NYC :(........For the record, my energy completely changes as soon as I set foot on the island of Manhattan. I absolutely love it there. Mike asked me in the car on the way down, "do you miss living here?" And without hesitation, I answered "Yes." I never had the chance to share the city with Mike except when he came to visit in between deployments and training. I'd love to actually live there with him and our two dogs but maybe in another life or if we win the Lotto because I forgot how expensive it is! Explains why I left the there 8 years ago with major credit card bills, ha!

Anyway, I had a wonderful time. I went to the Hell's Kitchen Flea Market with my girlfriend Chrissy but we struck out and didn't find anything good. Then we headed to SoHo where we met up with another girlfriend Heather and did a little shopping. We stopped at a great interiors store, Ochre on Broome Street in SoHo where I got to see what a $30,000 chandelier looks like. Wow! It was a Fordham University class reunion in the store. Our friend Nina was working there when we arrived. She went back to school for interior design like me and was actually sketching out a new desk design she wants to have built when we arrived. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

I said goodbye to my girls and headed back to my hotel (which was very nice, see my last blog post) and found a nail salon and treated myself to a mani & pedi. Amazing!

Mike finally met up with me and we had a very nice dinner with our close friend John and his girlfriend Jeanie at the Fig & Olive. Highly recommend it. We went to the one on Lexington Ave. between 62nd and 63rd Streets and it was very, very good. I also recommend this wine that John picked out. Delicious French pinot noir (2010 Bourgogne)


We ended the night with a nightcap at the hotel bar. On Sunday morning we attempted to get a table at the famous Clinton Street Bakery on the Lower East Side, but there was a two-hour wait!! Sorry, I'm not waiting two hours for pancakes. Luckily we found a diner on East Houston that was delicious and totally hit the spot. Overall it was a great weekend in NYC.

I'll leave you with some photos I took while walking in Bryant Park. Just wonderful!



No comments:

Post a Comment