Here's what the dresser looked like when I purchased it for $40 along with a mirror.
First, I removed the brass handles and sanded it down with an electric sander so that the paint would take better.
Damon and Casey were so much help!
Then I used Rust-Oleum Metallic in Aluminum Spray Paint to repaint the dresser handles.
While the handles were drying, I painted three coats of Martha Stewart "Bedford Gray" paint on the dresser (same color as our bathroom walls) and used some leftover white trim paint to do the recessed detail part. I had to use a small artist brush for that part. I also painted the outside and inside of the drawers in the same blue paint as our bedroom walls.
So here are the pretty AFTER pictures!
A little Instagram action!