Tuesday, December 27, 2011

"Nous allons a Paris" - We're Going to Paris

Ok, so I cheated and used Google Translate, but yes it's true, we are going to Paris in March!! Woo Hoo! After a long 4.5 years of law school with a year-long deployment to Afghanistan thrown into the mix, Mike and I decided to give ourselves a week long vacation to Paris before he starts work as a lawyer. I've always dreamed of going to Paris and Mike claims he's been to the train station during a backpacking trip years ago, so it's a first time trip for the both of us. I cannot wait! I scoured the internet for flight/hotel packages and found a great hotel within walking distance to the Eiffel tower, the metro and so many other amazing sights. It's actually an "aparthotel". We get a studio apartment, with a little kitchenette plus amazing views of the city - Adagio Aparthotel Tour Eiffel http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-6790-adagio-paris-tour-eiffel/index.shtml




www.accorhotels.com
I think it will be fun to have the option to walk to a local market and buy fresh food and cook a meal in our little studio while we look out our window at the Eiffel Tower. I'm super excited. We can't afford to eat out every single night so this is a good option for us.

I'm looking forward to photographing the amazing architecture, drinking and eating the best wine and food and to walk along the Seine at night hand in hand with Mike. Just like Eva Mendes & Ryan Gosling's recent trip to Paris, right? ha!

www.popsugar.com
My mother-in-law gave me a great Travel book at Christmas so I'm going to do a ton of research to plan out our week. I can't wait! Bon Voyage!





Images from Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment