Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Haven Conference 2012

This June I hope to find myself in Atlanta, GA attending the Haven Conference. The two-day conference held on June 21-22, 2012, gathers the most notable DIY/Home bloggers in the blogosphere. There will be sessions focused on DIY instruction with a mix of blogging and social media. I'm hoping I can learn more about how to improve my blog. Here's a list of the sessions already on the Conference schedule:
DIY Sessions
  • Brave it Off Auto: Photography Workshop
  • Pimp Your Photos: Photo Editing and Styling
  • Laminate, Wood, & MDF, OH MY: Furniture Painting Tips for Beginners
  • Beyond the Basics: Advanced Furniture Painting Techniques
  • Go Ahead & Let Your Slip Show: Basics of Slipcovering
  • Frugally Fabu-less Decorating: Introduction to Thrifty Shopping
  • Power Tools for Divas: An Introduction to how to properly and safely use power tools like a pro.
  • Just Build It: Introduction to Carpentry and Woodworking with Ana White!
  • Build-a-Room: Basics in Room Design

 Blogging Sessions
  • I Like Big Blogs: Tips on Growing your Blog
  • Meet Me at the Water Cooler: The Importance in Using Social Media
  • Hobby Gone Wild: How to Take Your Blog from a Hobby to a Business
  • Walking the Tightrope: How to Achieve Balance in Family & Blogging
  • Show Me the Money: The Ins, Outs, and Ethics of Blog Advertising
To top it off, John & Sherry of www.younghouselove.com will be the keynote speakers. I've been following them on a daily basis ever since I started my blog. I hope to learn a lot from them.

www.havenconference.com


No comments:

Post a Comment